• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip, Deuce Parts

plym49

Yesterday I made a day trip to pick up a bunch of Deuce parts. I ended up with both front fenders, a hood, instrument panel with gauges, two-channel mechanical Pyrometer, a lot of odds and ends, and a complete front spring setup in case I ever decide to build a bobber.

The front fenders on my Deuce are rusty, so these will be good replacements. Its hood likewise has a bad spot, so this one will come in handy. The instrument panel I have plans for; more on that later.

I got these parts from Jakelc17, a fellow SS member. He not only gave me a great deal but threw in more than I expected. He also worked with me to accommodate my schedule.

This was a good road trip, too. 12 hours end to end and over 600 miles. No traffic anywhere, got lucky. My buddy made the trip with me and it was a good chance to catch up (we've been friends since high school). My friend is an old school mechanic with over 40 years under his belt. He had high praise for Jake as a wrench, saying that you could tell that Jake knows what he is doing.

So, Jake, thanks and I can't wait to start digging into all this.

IMG00253-20120129-1203.jpg

IMG00252-20120129-1202.jpg

IMG00251-20120129-1202.jpg

rrrr

Its always good when a plan comes together. I'm waiting on some parts to be delivered on Tuesday. Then the real fun begins.

joshs1ofakindxj

I was down and got some parts from Jake 2 weeks ago. He is a good guy.

I'm looking for an indicator light assembly if you have an extra. I want to make a low air warning light.

plym49

I was down and got some parts from Jake 2 weeks ago. He is a good guy.

I'm looking for an indicator light assembly if you have an extra. I want to make a low air warning light.
I don't, I'm sorry, because the ones that came on the extra instrument panel will be going into my Jeep. If I did not need it, it would be yours.

Jake indeed is a great guy. We were there at night so could not see all his toys. But I got a pretty good idea that he has some cool stuff.

Could you believe how that Deuce frame was bent?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think you need a bigger truck to bring more stuff back next time. Or a trailer.

plym49

I think you need a bigger truck to bring more stuff back next time. Or a trailer.
If I had had a bigger truck, or a trailer, I definitely would have come back with more. Although, as it was I was running out of money by time I left.

For example, he had an intact cab sitting there on the ground. It will probably end up in the scrapper. I would have bought it just to have it, had I been able to fit it (and with more green in my pocket).

joshs1ofakindxj

I hope the motor and transmission found a home.

I took the air shift transfer case, fuel tank, air pack, master cylinder and some other odds and ends.

Seeing that frame bent like that was scary! The M35 is not indestructible!

plym49

I hope the motor and transmission found a home.

I took the air shift transfer case, fuel tank, air pack, master cylinder and some other odds and ends.

Seeing that frame bent like that was scary! The M35 is not indestructible!
Yeah, but it did its job. It took a shellacking, kept its driver safe, and probably could still drive (although she was badly hurt).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks