• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rough Idle and Engine Vibration

tgtaylor64

My M1009 seems to idle rough and the engine vibrates. Smooth at highway speeds. Wondering if one of my injectors is bad. If I listen to each exhaust, one seems like it is rougher. Could this be a simple way of telling which side of the engine is giving me trouble? Eliminating four cylinders ups the probability of replacing the fewest injectors.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many vibration issues can be remedied by upping the idle just a bit. Try this, stopped with the truck in gear and brakes applied, use the peddle to bring up the RPMs just a tad to see if it goes away. If so they you would probably benefit from upping the idle.

Barrman

Loosen injector lines one at a time while the engine is running. Fuel should shoot out and the idle should drop. Just like pulling spark plug wires on a gasser. If you get a drop with every injector like I did. Then I would suggest pulling the IP return line check valve and making sure it isn't clogged up. Even if it isn't clogged up, it could still be your IP. I replaced mine and it made a world of difference.

scottladdy

Just my $.02, but I would replace all the injectors as a set if I found one bad. If you are running the original IP and injectors, in my opinion it is just a matter of time before they go.

I replaced all of mine recently with reman'd pieces from Badger Diesel. Outstanding pieces. Truck runs like a watch. Prices are reasonable. He does charge a core up front. I received my core back lickity split. He also sells a return line that you cut to size and uses NO clamps. Push on easy to install. Check the what have you done recently for pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks