• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

running rough

Barrman

Glad I could help. Now that I am messing with my 3rd or actually soon to be 4th and 5th CUCV/CUCV6.2 in the last year or so. I have pretty much decided that most of the negative thoughts on the 6.2 can be traced back to two things. Glow plug controlers and IP's older than 5 years. A controller won't let it start fast which eats starters and causes alternators, wires and batteries to wear out faster. The IP will let it run down the road most of the time, but it won't have any power.

How do most people deal with no power in our current world of computer controlled turbo diesel trucks in the lane next to you? They either call their NA truck a POS and get rid of it. Or, they throw money and a turbo at it without a new balancer, girdle, head studs or EGT which leads to a blown engine and more negative thoughts. Or, they just leg press the black smoke pedal until the oil pan fails to hold in the moving parts.

Unless you know the IP is less than 5 years old and has only had diesel run through it with good filters. Plan on replacing it.

84cucv1ton

yeah not many people I know like 6.2 either. A truck I just got had air cleaner stud break and go down the intake mess it up pretty good. Other than that I've never had a problem really. Not even sure how many injection pumps I have replaced now. Had this one out about an hour and 20 min. got the pump. Waiting on new injectors and install kits.
I would like to turbo a 6.2. I have a few 6.5 turbos. I'll get it running right first..
I have seen 6.2 Go to really high mileage.
A friend of mine has a new Dodge Cummins.. A lot of truck. A lot more money. I like my simple easy k30 and it's paid for.. No computers or 10 miles of wire. More stuff to break. That's me anyway. Have a good one

84cucv1ton

i did a bit of tr tracking down. with the truck running. i loosened each injector. all but 2 on the passenger side shot fuel past the lines and on the fenders. had some smoke out the passenger tail pipe too.. replaced the 2 with ones i have a from a 6.2 with a bad bottom end. runs a good bit better. still seems to have a little shake..like a miss still.. i did this just to learn a bit..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks