• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand dunes....

cx65083

I would think super singles would do significantly better than NDTs in the sand. We took a Jeep trip to Moab About 18 months ago and did a good bit of sand hills/dunes. It seemed the larger and wider the tire was, the better it did.
Yes! For mud and snow you want tall and skinny to dig down and bite for traction. For sand you want as much surface area or contact patch as you can get. 1400's are much better that a set of duallys. 1600's are better yet! As low as you can safely run them!

BadMastard

Glamis- Loose sand, very dry, tends to get deeper off the "sand highway". Try Gecko road before you hit oldsmobile or competition hills, test out a couple of baby dunes. Yes, air down. Yes, get wider tires if you can. Stock rims and deuce, you can run dual 11.00's which is better than dual 9.00. might research if the tires you look at will fit the rims you have. Just a hint.

I'd avoid anything in the deep dunes. They can't get a truck to you that can pull you out. You're too heavy for anything out there to effectively get you out, until they bring the dozers in. You won't want to pay for that. Hills will be a challenge. Stay away from bowls. Take a couple of heavy nylon tow straps. If you don't need them for you, you'll have fun rescuing the stuck trucks and trailers.

For those of you who haven't been there, think sahara like dunes. No packed sand like pismo, or oregon, or idaho. Medium to strong winds at times, and amazing heat during summer. Or think Tatooine. They filmed it there. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks