• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saving a 215

A few weeks ago i was ask to help a good friend retreive his 215 from a hillside and probably a flame wrench and of course the Tri State Big Green Triple AAA sprang into action . With Andyindy who found out that our friend needed help we loaded up and set out to pickup this old truck up on a hillside but a nice ledge to work on over looking the wonderful Ohio river . Not Ohio just the river thats Indiana over there . Thank goodness the rain held off it would have been a slick ride to the bottom but all went well loaded pretty easy thanks to the winch glad didnt have to pull on with a comalong . The trip to the farm was one of akind watching people stop and look waving and thumbs up. Then at the farm we were greeted by the ever trusty bassett gaurd dogs . Best of all was the free diner. Thanks Gene always a pleasure to help save a good truck. Also special thanks to Andyindy for all his help without him would probley still be out there loading it Thanks again. Heres the pics.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sweet Doc! Glad to see the bumper pintle worked that well. I love the look of those slant nosed deuces! Another saved, you the man. Gonna get her fired up this weekend?

The general says shes gonna be a tractor has always wanted one cant find one so he's gonna make one. Have a v8 international deisel to drop in with auto out of a school bus . Not sure but bed , motor and tranny may be for sale if someone needs some parts . Yes the snatch block worked great like to find couple more also gimp i wanna look at your level deal for the winch.

offroaddiesel

hey doc very nice save and also nice pics, after reading and looking at your pics i am getting strong urge to go out to day to save something ,anything. i love to get calls from my friends to help out on something like that . good luck with the truck. here is a pic or two on some of my saves. steve from western maine:p

Attachments

hole

Looks like a great find! It does seem a bit of a waste, I've heard that M215's are pretty rare. I guess if the running gears shot and beds totally rusted out then tractor conversion makes sense. Good luck !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice report there Jeff. I love the hillsides there in lower Indiana. Hell, I love that whole tri-state area. Look for a PM headed your way.

what all do you have left over and i will get it to him and see if he needs it . it will be a while before it is started as he has a truck in there now a m37 munitions truck i believe so this ones next . with a little luck it will be at the national M/v show at Evansville dont think it will make Haspin.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I have a 5th plate and ramps from a 5 ton if he needs them for his conversion. Love to trade them some of the dump stuff

pwrwagonfire

I am 75% sure I know where there is one of these in central massachusetts area. Its in the yard behind an un-used factory in clinton.

Im going to take a road trip over there tomorrow, and ill report back with pictures!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks