• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Covers

Dock Rocker

I have seen pictures of different HMMWV's with the newer front seats with seat covers with storage built into the back. Some have pockets others have Molly webbing.

I know there are several manufacturers for Jeep seats but I am not what will fit the seats. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

What are you guys using?

Dock Rocker

Predator42 your seat thread is actually what made me want to do this. I have a similar seat cover on my Jeep. It's really handy for storage.

Predator42

it might be easier to change the seats to fit these covers than to find covers to fit your seats :) not sure. Smittybuilt makes some G.E.A.R. covers that might work for you. not sure what type of seats yours has. One idea is to go to a surplus store and buy a Molle equipped back pack and cut it down to go over the stock seats if you have the old style that might work.

papakb

When I originally got my HMMWV 15 years ago we had to have most of the soft items remade. When I did the high back seats they were petty well worn and Dave Pizzoferrato at WeeBee Webbing made me a beautiful set of cordura nylon covers from the tattered remains of mine. They're still in the truck and still look great and one of the nicest things about them is they don't salt stain the way the canvas covers do. Dave can make you up anything you need in the way of seat covers or webbing, and he's a great guy to deal with.

www.odcloth.com

I use the Smittybilt GEAR seat covers from the OPs linked picture. I went with them because they fit the Smittybilt Standard Bucket seats that I put in perfect.

Haven't had them in long, so I can't speak to their durability, but they appear to be built well. My only complaint would be the way they secure to the bottom of the seat. It is just cheap plastic hooks on a small bungie cord.

darr3239

Don't know why the photos don't show up. I did find one small photo when I put "seat cover" in the search box. I assume it comes with the seat bottom also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks