• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secondary air pressure low, Keep burning up head gaskets

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swapped out the PPV with another truck, checked all the one-way valves for the secondary air tanks, and this is still what I have. Is this an acceptable difference in pressure? I'm running out of ideas...

IMG_5511.jpg

R Racing

I would say yes it only looks to be about 5 lbs. Did you check the check valves on the passenger side of the truck. should be 2 next to the tanks.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swapped out the PPV with another truck, checked all the one-way valves for the secondary air tanks, and this is still what I have. Is this an acceptable difference in pressure? I'm running out of ideas...

View attachment 536154
You're relying on two unreliable gauges to read exactly the same pressures. Have you checked the pressures at each tank with a single gauge? This can be done at the drain valves. My gauges are about 3 psi off and I verified it was the gauges at the drain valves.

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought that looks more like 10 lbs? Again, not sure if its a big enough difference to matter.

Will check the tanks individually tomorrow. Swapping the gauges is also a good idea. Thanks.

Assuming I find that the gauges are reading correctly, any ideas on what else to look at?

Last edited:

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swamp Donkey Called it. Faulty primary air pressure gauge. Replace the leaky petcocks with shutoff valves, screwed on a gauge and all of the tanks read 120PSI. The up side, is that my air system should be good to go for a long time now! Not much I didn't fiddle with. Glad I got that other compressor out of there though. Must have been something not sealing properly.

IMG_5513.jpgIMG_5512.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Might not hurt to plumb all those outlets with one tube facing down(TEEd together). Keep the grime out and keep the nasty water pointed down.

No not necessary, just a nicety.

Looks good!