• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

simple power steering pump question

Swamp Rooster

Hello all.
I have been doing a little work in my cucv and seen I am missing a bolt on the power steering pump. It is the one right behind the pulley. I was wondering if any of you knew what size it is ? Thanks in advance , Swamp Rooster..

Drock

That was the first repair I had when I bought my M1028. The only way to get ah bolt in or out of there is to pull off the pulley. You'll need ah (GM power steering pulley puller and installer kit). I just fit ah bolt from my nut & bolt hoard. So I don't know what size it was, but I would highly recommend using some thread locker on these bolts while your at it.

cucvrus

The bolt you are referring to behind the CUCV PS pulley is metric. It is an M10 1.5 tread pitch x 20mm long.(3/4") Standard item you can buy at a hardware store. The one at the hardware store will probably have a 17 mm drive head in lieu of the 15 mm GM drive head. It will matter not just so the threads and length are correct. As I recall if you can get that bolt in with out removing the PS pulley. I may be wrong but I have put them in before. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks