• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

simple tire question

dmilkman589

so, stock suspension, i have 31's now, maybe a little more height with out touching the suspension, is about a 32 the biggest i can go without hitting the fenders while flexing over rocks?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Better than the 37's I ended up putting on it. That's about the most you'd want to run in a tire size with 3.08's and a plain 6.2 NA.

Wolf.Dose

37" is possible, depending on the maker of the tires. 36" is on the safer side and the brakes and the engine torque will salute you for this choise. 36" tires, depending on the maker are not so much different from 37" tires.
Wolf

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's a terrible combo. Great if you don't mind being passed by a yugo and drive interstate speeds all the time. And there's a great deal of difference in the 36 and 37" military tires. (Bias-ply vs. radial, weight, ride quality, exc.) 36's and 37's will not fit without fender trimming.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you ask a question, please tell us what vehicle you are working on.

You have been here long enough to do this.

Simple answer:
You can put 16.00x20 s without hitting the fender.

ssdvc

Hey Shrapnel ! I am currently in Groton Conn. and I saw the twin to your truck cruizin down Rt 12 this morning !

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
notsosanestan:

My wheels are 8" wide with 5" backspacing. They tuck in the fenders really well, but I think 4.5" to 4.75" backspacing is ideal for the steering. I had to adjust my steering stop to keep from tearing up the drag link on full-lock RH turn.

ssdvc:

I haven't been in Groton since I interviewed with General Dynamics Electric Boat. They didn't like me, so I haven't been back! It's cool to know some other killer M1010's are out there, however.