• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoke on start up (not glow plugs)

thompsoncustom

I am getting confused by the terminology that you are using. With a standard EESS/PCB, when you turn on your vehicle and there is automatically power to the glow plugs, that is normal. If it never turns off that power, that is abnormal.
so what seemed to happen when it failed is it was always getting power from the solenoid that is currently in there for the alt/heater and since that has power at all time in the run position that's what killed them. (abnormal)

ya that's the plan the glow plugs are going on there own solenoid and not the board.

thompsoncustom

made some progress today on the humvee while I wait to parts for the PCB.

made my own glow plug puller for under 2 dollars.

20240913_183704.jpg

might not be the prettiest but it worked I was able to remove the drive side front plug as shown. the second one back on the passenger side I made a longer pvc sleeve to clear the heat shield.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
made some progress today on the humvee while I wait to parts for the PCB.

made my own glow plug puller for under 2 dollars.

View attachment 931520

might not be the prettiest but it worked I was able to remove the drive side front plug as shown. the second one back on the passenger side I made a longer pvc sleeve to clear the heat shield.
That’s exactly the way to do it brother.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks