• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South East Convoy to Haspin 2012

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone,
Anyone in the south east or along the way want to convoy up to Haspin? So far it looks like it will just be me and JP (EMD567)

Hoping to gather up others. I will have deuce fuel available for $3.00 a gallon if that helps anyone.

If you want to go, but don't have a truck, take time off and ride! I've got enough stuff that I want to take, I need drivers honestly.

We will be leaving Tuesday evening, June 12. Plan to cross the mountains and spend the night at exit 432, just to the west of Newport, TN. Leave early on Wed and arrive around 2pm. We may keep going Tuesday night, depending on how we are feeling. Might try to make Knoxville or a little north of it on Tuesday. We can adjust plans if others are wanting to join up.

Hopkins, SC to Laurel, IN - Google Maps

Anyone along the way want a ride or bring a truck and tag along, feel free!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Want to go - don't have a truck anymore. Might be interested in hitching a ride, I'll let you know as we get closer. That M1008 would be nice. :)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike I do plan on taking it so I have a 'runabout'

Also going to try and get the Whitewater Valley RR museum to let me run it on their tracks...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a quick green or camo paint job on it so it'll fit in at Haspin.

Wish Cabell were going with his kitchen setup....

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angie wants to paint it 3 color. Might buy some walmart special and just spray bomb it for now.

Wouldn't take long to make it 383 green though...

Could camo it later

rbeasley66

Doing good Adam,
I'll be leaving Central Florida Tuesday morning after I leave the fire house and heading north on I-75, I'm driving my pickup with the M1009 and M1102 with the S-250 Army RV in it on the goose neck trailer. I can plan on meeting up with your convoy Wednesday around Knoxville when you get onto I-75. I wanted to head over your way to come up, but that is many miles to the east and back:driver:
I'll keep in touch, I've still got a 1220 number in my phone for you.
Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angie wants to paint it 3 color. Might buy some walmart special and just spray bomb it for now.

Wouldn't take long to make it 383 green though...

Could camo it later
Heh, you bring the paint and the airgun maybe we'll spray it right at the rally! Plenty of deuces around to provide the air compressor power....

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint it that morning so it is dried on the ride up!

Rick, glad to hear you're still going! yeah, would be nice to ride with us all the way, but that is a tad bit out of your way.

We will get all this figured out and have a better idea of when we will hit I-75 as we get closer and others that may go start chiming in.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be joining the convoy at Ferro's place. 814's rule.........:mrgreen::jumpin:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked at the map, Ferro. If you not doing the trip up I-77 into WV like last time and meet up in Beckley, your route is too far west for me to hook up unless it's right around Lexington KY. I'm gonna bail on joining your route since it's so far from me. Will plan on taking the northern route on I-70 from western MD out to IN, and hook up with anyone traveling that route. Course, when I get there, if there's still an empty passenger seat (or driver's) at the Haspin rally, I'll be happy to drive whatever you tow there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks