• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Florida to VA, MD, PA. Maybe Ohio and back to FL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that the trip is nearing completion or is complete, lets hear about this new crew cab CUCVII in your family.

Stonepicker1

The 'twins' are now together.
i bought two batteries to see if it would start. Checked all the fluid levels(oil was real low):cry:. Went to start it and the starter just went click and that was it. Acts like the engine could be frozen.
I'll work on it next week.
might be in the market for a new engine.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

The pictures are for "warthog" . He wanted to install a hitch on his CUCV-II.

I was able to turn the engine over by hand. So that's a good thing. I have some new 24volt starters...hope that's all it is....more to come.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pictures.

Just realized that the bumpers on the crewcabs and the ones on the pickups are different. The pickups have a bumper like the M1008s. The mounting brackets are different.

While the Reese hitch is a direct bolt on for the crewcab, the pickup will require modification because of the bumper brackets. Back to the drawing board.

Something else to consider. Have you thought about how to lower the spare tire? With the military 12pin trailer plug, there is no way to insert the crank handle.

Stonepicker1

Thanks for the pictures.

Just realized that the bumpers on the crewcabs and the ones on the pickups are different. The pickups have a bumper like the M1008s. The mounting brackets are different.

While the Reese hitch is a direct bolt on for the crewcab, the pickup will require modification because of the bumper brackets. Back to the drawing board.

Something else to consider. Have you thought about how to lower the spare tire? With the military 12pin trailer plug, there is no way to insert the crank handle.
It should have a bumper like this.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks