• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter driving me nuts!!

b framer

I've had my M1028 for four years now and drive it most days to work. It's a great truck...but it seems like every six months the starter gives up the ghost. Luckily the starter is always under warranty so I get another one. My question is has anyone had this same problem and if so what was the permanent fix?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lifetime warranty starters guarantee you will be replacing them for a lifetime. Where are you buying these 24V starters?

dependable

If you have an occasional short due to bad insulation on starter cable it can cause starter solenoid failure. Had a starter heat shield that got bent and occasionally shorted main positive cable to starter. Did not know why I was going though solenoids about every 6 months until I noticed sparks by starter when one of the crew started it in the dark hours of winter.

edpdx

I ordered a Wilson 28MT 24V from Schucks after having bad luck with the $100 *bay Chinese model. Real heavy-duty. Comes with a shim that you should use- don't ask...

Real reliable cranking. See my posts w/ Wilson in the search for the part number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks