• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter help

mike-sgt-tackett

anyone know of a shop close to wilmington, NC that rebuilds the 24v starters?
i've called a couple of local places and they say they can't get the parts.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
mike

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a local diesel shop, tractors, skidders, dozers, Tractor trailers. ask them where they get them fixed locally.

24v is not uncommon

Marschmallow

They are not bad to take apart, mine had a piece of dried up dust boot and rust from keeping the solenoid from engaging all the time. I have not had a prob since I cleaned and greased its bearings and solenoid sleeve.

mike-sgt-tackett

thanks for the quick replies.
i'll check around somemore.
when i try starting i get a fast whin sound, had the starter relay go, in the process of doing the mode.

markg

thanks for the quick replies.
i'll check around somemore.
when i try starting i get a fast whin sound, had the starter relay go, in the process of doing the mode.
sounds like the solinoid is not engageing the starter , you can buy it separately. if you have the starter out , you can test it on the bench to see if it engages properly. ground the case, put 12v or 24v to the batt post, jump the solinoid with a screwdriver and see if it jumps forward completely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks