• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Box

DokWatson

I took my M1009 to my friends shop for a wheel alignment. He calls me on my cell, tells me he can't do an alignment because there's too much play in the steering box. Need a new one. Go to Lordco which is a local parts chain much like napa. They have one in stock, something like $500. Check it out, looks correct, all refinished and new looking. Take it to the shop, get another call. This box is a piece of #*^#! It has more play than my original. Had to return it and get one from an outfit called Precision Steering that just does steering boxes.
Wow, you got ripped off. A new steering box is about 170$ after the core charge refund.

Hasdrubal

Correction, it was $270.00 with a 200 dollar core charge and tax. Of course it is less down there. This is Canada..land of the rip off prices!

JUNKYARDJOHN

Correction, it was $270.00 with a 200 dollar core charge and tax. Of course it is less down there. This is Canada..land of the rip off prices!
SHOOT.... I thought for a minute there you were talking about real money. rofl I went on a caraboo hunt, way up in quebec near the artic circle about 25 years ago. This good ol boy was with us, & for about the first three days of taveling, everytime he asked for a price on something he seemed shocked. Then he would always ask.... is that Canadian.... or U.S. dollars... AFTER ABOUT THREE HUNDRED TIMES, I finally said.... it's Canadian you idjit... after all... we're in Canadia. rofl The exchange rate then was about .65 to the dollar then. . I have no idea what it is now. John (I guess you had to be there. It seemed hillarious at the time)

Last edited:

Hasdrubal

Well the joke is still on us. Even though the dollar is at an all time high, 1.03, yes its worth more than the greenback. we still get ripped royally on just about everything. Its so bad I had to get my glowpugs for $9.59 from a guy in NY, I just cant see that they are worth $35.00. Dont even try to compare car prices.

Last edited:

JUNKYARDJOHN

Well the joke is still on us. Even though the dollar is at an all time high, 1.03, yes its worth more than the greenback. we still get ripped royally on just about everything. Its so bad I had to get my glowpugs for $9.59 from a guy in NY, I just cant see that they are worth $35.00. Dont even try to compare car prices.
Thats funny... I got my N.O.S Delco injector nozzels from a guy up in toronto. Bought em on ebay. He just happened to have a set laying around in his shop for 20 years. rofl bizzare huh?? John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks