• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock up on 802a and 803a oil filters for cheap.

Ray70

Funny story... I buy most of my filters from Rock Auto. If you poke around a bit on their website other cross references will come up.
Turns out the same filter fits a mid-80's BMW and it came up with a listing for a Parts master filter with the same PN as WIX that was on sale for $1.15 ea.
Needless to say I soon had a dozen of them at my door because I had a trailer load of 802's and 803's
In fact, Look up an 85 BMW 318i with a 1.8L you will see that WIX 51374 is listed for $4.80, but look at the top... Fram PH3816 ( which is just slightly larger than the PH3614) is listed for $0.86 !
BUT.... you have to buy several at a time to offset shipping costs.

Guyfang

Staff member
When I stopped contracting, I took a dump truck full of "stuff" back to post, and dumped it all in the arms of a supply guy. As we were unloading it all, another contractor came over, snached up about 3-4 cases of 802-803 oil filters, and marched off. I thought nothing of it. Later, at the "office", (Burger King) he walked in and bought me lunch. I asked why. "Because, I been using this type filter for years, on my Harley". I laughed and laughed.

cuad4u

The Fram PH8 filter (and the other manufacturer's filters that will cross over to the PH8 - for those who hate Fram filters) can be used on 802A and 803A generators. I have a PH8 on my 803A right now on my "new to me" 803A because I wanted to change the oil and filter as soon as I got it home. The PH8 works just fine and the filter housing is 2-3 times longer and larger than the OE filter that I replaced. There is plenty room in the generator housing to use the larger filter. This may mean (or may not mean) that there is more filter media in the larger filter. If so the PH8 filter should give 2-3 more filtering area than the standard filter.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I show that same filter at $1.22 on rock auto... still an unbeatable price. Thanks Ray.

Ray70

Strange, I just looked and it still shows at .87 ?? if you scroll down there are many purolator and ultra power for the $1.25 range.
I was searching under 85 BMW 318i
That seems to give better results than looking up the filter PN. itself.