• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single swap M923

brazengoat06

Looking to upgrade my M923 with a set of super singles. Looking for advise please. Will they bolt right up or are there other parts needed. Also does anyone know the exact wheel size and tire size. I figure my best bet is to wait for a set off of govliq. Also are there any other wheel and tire packages that would work? Thanks all.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen up at BFR metals has hundreds of 1400X20 at very fair prices and great condition already mounted on the wheels for your truck, came off 923A1's. He is at Salina Ks . BFR METALS
1504 W. State St
Salina, KS 67401

785-493-8575 office and open Saturday till 2

brazengoat06

thanks, thats a good location for me also. is the 14r20 a taller tire also?

im assuming the michelin xzl 365/85r20's are too big?

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes the 14.00's are a taller tire than the 11.00's you currently have. I know on my 931, the fenders had to be adjusted/removed in the rear. 365/85R20's are the replacement to the 14.5R20. Which is still a 43" tire, just a wider tread pattern to the 11.00's you have. The 14.00's are a 49" tall tire.

ichudov

What are you going to do with the old 11.00-20 tires? I may be interested ni acquiring some spares if they are in good condition and were driven recently.

brazengoat06

Yes the 14.00's are a taller tire than the 11.00's you currently have. I know on my 931, the fenders had to be adjusted/removed in the rear. 365/85R20's are the replacement to the 14.5R20. Which is still a 43" tire, just a wider tread pattern to the 11.00's you have. The 14.00's are a 49" tall tire.
So from what your saying the 365/85r20 would fit fine except perhaps needing to remove rear fenders? I ask cause I may be able to get a deal on a set versus the 14r 20.

Yes I have a full set of good tires that are driven about once a month at least.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple other things to keep in mind is the spare tire wont fit in the carrier and the bed is approximately back 3 inches farther on the frame than on a regular 923. Bumperettes on an a1 are also longer. The spare tire hoist is also different.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So you're certain they're 365 and not 385s? Wheel selection will come into play on 365's vs 385's.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL! So many choices LOL Uhmmm, tire, round, rubber, one ea. roflThere are SO many options available, amazing you gentlemen that can speak with knowledge what "will" and "won't" fit. Guess, if you've been there and done that, then it is purty straight forward. THANKS for all the info, I just keep learnin.

God bless,
Tony

Riftweaver

As Digger said, it's not just the tires....The bed is moved back 4" and that means the bed mounts are also welded in a different spot. The spare tire rack is a wider model and would need to be replaced. The Davit (spare crane) is made of heavier steel to accommodate for the extra weight of the wheel. The rear bumperettes are longer to adjust for the bed being moved back. Other than the welded bed mounts, most of it is bolt on. Glenn at BFR would be able to help you out with everything you need. He's a great guy and likes to see us green iron guys get what we need to survive. That is all if you want to go with the standard A0 to A1 change over.

Blind Driver

LOL! So many choices LOL Uhmmm, tire, round, rubber, one ea. roflThere are SO many options available, amazing you gentlemen that can speak with knowledge what "will" and "won't" fit. Guess, if you've been there and done that, then it is purty straight forward. THANKS for all the info, I just keep learnin.

God bless,
Tony
I have some 12.50R20s Semperit tires for sale :whistle:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where there are some 16.00/20's if you want to go 4" taller than the 14.00's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks