• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swap neutral switch 3sp/4sp?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can the neutral switch from a 3sp shifter be swapped into a 4sp shifter?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some folks selling the 4sp shifter that say it has no switches.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 4 spd N switch mounts to a block of aluminum that gets screwed to the shifter housing.
There is also a Pawl to activate switch that should be there.
The 3 spd is a simpler system...switch just gets screwed in

AAVP7

By the way: Those pawls that activate the switches on the 4spd: Are they available separately ? They are not shown on the figure in the parts TM, so I don´t have an NSN.

One of my 4spd shifters was missing one, so I made one myself, but I would prefer an original one. Because of the zinc plating, and just because it´s original...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never found a number on the pawls.
I took them out of bad shifters to add reverse light parts for good shifters.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked one up, the seller said it had a park and neutral switch, what would need to be added to get reverse lights.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$25 for that little actuator! That's what I'd camm price gouging!
Might be pricey, but it's still a whole lot cheaper than buying a whole 4 speed shifter just for that little part.
Reality is, it's a relatively low demand part, and I felt lucky even finding one at that low of a price compared to what a lot of things are these days. I'm sure if someone could come up with the actual part number for it we could source them cheaper, but it is what it is.