• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tactical Toolbox

Milspec33

Thanks. That is a big complement. There is a difference in professional tools. I took time off from working as a paramedic and I worked full time as a custom carpenter. All of my woodworking tools are top end because I could not afford to have them break or fail. When your paycheck depends on your tools there are two rules: do not let anyone borrow your tools and buy the best:driver:

1800 Diesel

While working on my MEP 002a and Mep 701a I decided to have some fun with my toolbox.
Nice job on the pattern! :) Did you do any surface prep or just blow it on? I was about to blast/paint a couple of my small toolboxes (many years in the field old) but was going to apply OD green. Now you've given me another idea.... I like it.. :)

Milspec33

Thank you for all the positive feedback! I used 150 grit to scuff the powder coat then wiped everything down with acetone. I used sandable primer where I had bare metal. Then I sprayed away with the Rapco and high temp grill paint. I free handed the pattern and just added paint, no solid base color. The Marine Corps stencil is a copy of one I have seen the 7th Marines use, I cut it out on card stock

Milspec33

Uh oh my 3 color toolbox may have competition...I have a line on a new series General Mechanics Tool Kit (GMTK) filled with SK tools...If I can get it I will post pics. Not camo but cool and portable

Milspec33

Got the GMTK!! Will pick up tomorrow and post pictures asap.. it is a very nice portable tool chest and complete tool kit

Danger Ranger

Lookin good, I might have to show that to my father.....I don't think he'll go for it. Something about that Snap-On red in his blood. His blood isn't naturally red, its the Snap-On in it. I swear...

Milspec33

I have to admit that it felt strange to scuff up that red Snap-On paint. Now the only problem I have is I cant find the toolbox.

Danger Ranger

They seem to be making them in many more colors today. It prob helps sales because not everyone likes red. But a red toolbox is like a green tractor. It just has to be that way....you know? lol

Milspec33

If I had purchased the box new I would have been much more reluctant to mess with it, but I got it cheap and I have had fun with the camo.

Milspec33

If I find another Snap-On box who knows...may keep it red or desert tan. Desert tan for sure. May have a line on another Snap-On 7 drawer roll cart and if I get it desert all the way!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks