• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank behind A3 bumper?

greenjeepster

So now that we have agreed that behind the bumper is a bad place for it; where would you have put it? There is no room in the engine compartment, on top of the frame anywhere on the truck is going to reduce cab or cargo room. Saddle mounted like a fuel tank is the only good option and I don't really see how that is any better or worse than behind the front bumper.

I think that between the frame under the cargo bed would be the best place for it, but there may not be room there with the transfer case and drive shafts.

SEAFIRE

Originally Posted by BKubu
Why specify that you were looking on GL? Why not just ask the question? Now, anyone who did not know that there was a winch A3 on GL is looking for it. Trust me...I have found plenty of trucks because guys on here posted about them. Just because the info is on the GL site DOES NOT mean that everyone knows about it.
I think you were too harsh, A simple question was asked regarding the picture of a vehicle on GL, not a specific auction or location.

Do a search for M35A3 on GL and the winch A3's show up on GL along with the non-winch A3's, this is not a state secret......

Don't worry, I won't be bidding on any M35A3 W/W either as we get our deuces free from the Forest Service. :-D

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How was it too harsh to tell him that specifying that the truck was on GL was superfluous to his question? I couldn’t care who will be bidding on the A3s. I sure won't be. I am up to the gunnels in trucks. I was simply pointing out that there was no need to include a reference to an auction site. What purpose did that serve? If you can explain to me why including a reference to GL was necessary, I will post an apology and delete my posts on this thread.

greenjeepster

He didn't post a link or anything and even abbreviated "Government Liquidations". With the way other threads go he should have posted a picture of the exact lot he was talking about. God knows we love pictures.

If he posted "I saw these on GL and thought somebody here would be interested in them" would you have jumped down his throat for trying to be helpful?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he had posted the quote that you specified...the "I saw this and thought someone might be interested"...he would have been violating the site's rules. I would bet that someone would have said something to him and he probably would have had to delete the direct reference or the link or whatever it is that you are thinking he might have included. That is against the rules. What he did...as I said earlier...was not against the rules. It just served no purpose. As I said earlier, why was the reference to GL necessary? There is no reason to post where you saw something in this case. This is not the "I was picking up my deuce and saw an M2 Bradley that looked cool" thread. It serves no purpose in this case. I hope the original poster does not feel like I am harping on this as I was ready to let it go and still want to let this thread go. I said something for him (and other posters) to consider. GREENJEEPSTER, can you tell me why the GL reference was absolutely necessary and relevant to the question? Did it help to clarify things so you would know how to respond? Was there a chance that we would not know what was being asked without knowing where the item was spotted?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks