• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Teach me about antennas on MV's

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a couple antennas, sugar scoops and fender mounts. Is there any other methods besides fender mounting that is standard for 5 tons or deuces? Where do the antenna's get tied down at for movement on 5 tons and deuces?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Technically the antenna had a mounting bracket the is KINDA like a C channel that bolts over the passenger side floor air vent. I've also seen them mounted to a pole behind the cab and on a bumper. I have not seen a bed mount but then again, I haven't seen all 5 tons.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where would the radio be in the cab on radio equipped trucks? Is it that shelf in the middle of the cab?
Two places I have seen:

1. Under the bench seat on the passenger side.

2. If it didn't have a bench seat (instead had two spring seats), mount would be vertical bolted to the rear of the cab, on the floor, between the two seats.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Different antennas are of different lengths and have different loading coils in them for use with specific frequency band transceivers and they are not cross compatible.

Riftweaver

Most of the 923/925's had a fender mount for the antenna on the passenger front fender. The radio mount went from the back of the cab, over the inner side of the passenger seat to the floor and up to the dash.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen a radio equipped truck except the FMTVs. the MTV cab can host a radio behind the passenger seat either mounted on the storage box or on the wall of the cab. Antennas are mounted on the backside of the cab. I guess if you really needed to you could mount to the bed or bumper, but I've never seen that.

I have seen some HMMWVs tricked out with antennas for VRC sets. I think commo had one with 4 or 5 antennas on a soft high-back. The newer shelter variants have some awesome foldable antenna mounts.

MRAPs, specifically the Maxx-Pro variants, can be seen with Antenna mounts on the bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks