• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Telescoping rough terrain forklift

jspelbring

I recently got an old 1960-ish LCRTF (Light Capability Rough Terrain Folklift). I think it's Army designation was MHE-164/RJF-060
It was made on contract by Baker. 6,000lb lift capacity.
It came with one TM - 10-3930-212-20. I'm hoping to track down the other manuals. It's somewhay functional, but needs a lot of TLC to get back to fully operational.

Attachments

jspelbring

It does. Not working quite right at the moment. I can get the 4 wheel turn to go left, but straightening it out is a problem. I haven't really tried the crab steer yet. It all might be related to the 4WD not working right. I'm still learning about it.

canadacountry

agreed with @NY Tom then again when you think about it they sometimes have to fudge cargos into 'disorganized' busy spaces so it makes perfect sense to have full steering agility. its not like a sterile grid of an indoor warehouse where its too easy to expect rear steering to always get you to what you need

never seen crab steering in any way personally myself, but I do like the idea behind doing that tho, lot easier to "drive a bit sideway" than doing something alike to a S curve .. not to mention the former needs less working width than the latter to move over by the same amount in both cases

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently got an old 1960-ish LCRTF (Light Capability Rough Terrain Folklift). I think it's Army designation was MHE-164/RJF-060
It was made on contract by Baker. 6,000lb lift capacity.
It came with one TM - 10-3930-212-20. I'm hoping to track down the other manuals. It's somewhay functional, but needs a lot of TLC to get back to fully operational.
Looks like a beast that has and can handle anything you throw at it. A great asset to your sawmill.

jspelbring

Is this the right place to ask about tech manual resources? I've searched and searched, but cannot find a source for the manuals I'm missing for my machine (Ugly Betty). The one I most want to get my hands on is the P companion to the TM 10-3930-212-20. I'm not too concerned with the engine - it was replaced long ago with a Ford tractor engine - the electrics and hydraulics though... lots to try to figure out.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the right place to ask about tech manual resources? I've searched and searched, but cannot find a source for the manuals I'm missing for my machine (Ugly Betty). The one I most want to get my hands on is the P companion to the TM 10-3930-212-20. I'm not too concerned with the engine - it was replaced long ago with a Ford tractor engine - the electrics and hydraulics though... lots to try to figure out.
Yes. See if the main data plate on the machine lists the FSN. That is the Federal Stock Number. XXXX-XX-XXXX

jspelbring

Yes. See if the main data plate on the machine lists the FSN. That is the Federal Stock Number. XXXX-XX-XXXX
Nothing on the plate that's attached to the body - maybe it was on the old engine?
What I did find through searching the model/name was an NSN 3930-00-679-4458 and an FSN contract# 3930-679-4458.

Guyfang

Staff member
You wrote:
Nothing on the plate that's attached to the body - maybe it was on the old engine?
What I did find through searching the model/name was an NSN 3930-00-679-4458 and an FSN contract# 3930-679-4458.

The FSN was the grandfather of the NSN. When ever you see a FSN, simply add the two zeros to it. Sometimes the FSN will not come up in a google search, sometimes it will. When ever I am looking for a part, I use both in the search.

Guyfang

Staff member
Using the NSN to try and find a TM, is hard. The NSN comes up 20-25 times, shown from companies who sell parts. They get ALL their information from the FEDLOG. The Government Logistic system. They pay a rent fee for the use of FEDLOG. The one thing they will NEVER give you is the TM number. Not that FEDLOG shows the TM number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks