• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp sensor for 6.2 ?

rfischba1

Anyone have a source and part number for the temp sensor for a M1008 6.2 diesel? My mechanic says the parts store keeps sending him a standard TX47 that will not fit . He said it requires a 5/8ths thread.
Thanks

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which one? The one for the cold advance or the one for the idiot light?

The cold advance GM number was/is:

The idiot light GM number was/is:

I can't remeber where I got my last cold advance swith, but it was probably Parts Plus.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot the one for the GP controller on the driver's side top rear of the engine. It was/is GM part #10045847

From what I could find, the TX47 appears to be the cold advance switch, but I'm not going to swear to that...

rfischba1

Thanks for the info, I need the temp sensor for the cold advance, I saw teh one you suggested on the Parts Plus, but thy are 3/4's 14 ,and 3/8's 18 thread. My mechanic asid I need a 5/8's thread. Did the one from Parts Plus Auto fit your truck?
I tried teh GM # you posted and came up empty.
Thanks

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't replaced one in a few years, so I don't recall the number, but the TX47 appears to be the right switch, from the picture I could find. This is the switch in the rear of the passenger side head with 2 spades sticking out of it. Is that the one you need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks