• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M-37 Leans Right

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved the mostly dissambled M-37 to my larger shop for more room to work. Standing way back I saw it leans right. Measured the frame to the floor and it's 1-3/4" lower on the passenger side rear. Springs bad or is this a "quirck" of the trucks?

xm708

lean

If it is a B1 model they have a spacer in the front spring to counter act the weight of the spare tire carrier. If it is not a B1 model something sounds a bit tweaked..

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is a B1 model they have a spacer in the front spring to counter act the weight of the spare tire carrier. If it is not a B1 model something sounds a bit tweaked..
Not a B1 but the PO converted it to that specification he tells me. It had the spare on the drivers door. Interesting since I only noticed this after it was taken apart, including the spare and carrier on the door. Guess I'll wait till its put back together and see what happens. Thanks!!

Wolf.Dose

If the problem remains afte the complete reassemble of the truck, try to find a blacksmith which still knows how to reset leave springs. That is probably the better way than to buy a new set of 60 year old leave springs. May be a little more expensive, howerver the way to choose (I would do this).
Wolf

Cav Trooper

lean

I have a 54 that I moved the tire from the rear to the driver's door, after that, I notice that the truck leaned to the left about half and inch. I checked around and found that there is a spacer installed between the springs and axle to comp for the extra outboard weight of the tire and bracket. I installed the spacer and the truck sits fairly level now. I did check the frame and bumper height before I got the spacer and found that the bumper was out of level vs. the frame also, I adjusted the bumper first and still needed the spacer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks