• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thread postings not showing on main SS thread listing..?

tamangel

I have a bookmark to SS ( Steel Soldiers ) which allows me to see each new thread that is posted in order of posting, irregardless of the forum.. You probably all know that link but I just posted a thread on a ex-mil Mercedes camper in the "Non-US Military Vehicles" forum within the "German vehicles" sub-forum and it didn't show up in the top link as a recently posted thread. Is the reason because it's in a non-mil vehicle forum or is it just a a glitch of that forum? Are there other forums that don't show in the most recent thread posting link also? I enjoy reading all threads and would hate to miss some due to only being accessible in the specific forum..

just curious.. here's the camper thread I posted:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/german-vehicles/71502-mercedes-1017a-hi-lo-camper.html

Mike

Barrman

Yes, that gets you every post for the past 24 hours. The "New Post" link at the upper right of every page gets you every post that has happened since you were last on the site according to the site. which is not always the same as the last time you were here.

tamangel

don't know what the prob is because I checked again using 'mercedes' as my search term on this page Steel Soldiers and the only thing that comes up is the thread dealing with an m37 and a possible mercedes engine swap.. I refreshed and I even logged out, re-logging back in and still no message in the 24 hr post list.. I checked the non mv foreign thread again and it shows that message posted as follows:

Mercedes 1017A Hi-Lo camper
tamangel
Today 18:11
by tamangel

here's what shows on my 24 hour page for that time frame of postings ( messages on either side of the 1811 time post..:

M1031 is it a good 18ft camper tow... ( 1 2 3 )
jets1959
03-13-2011 05:44
Today 18:24
by Hightechken
22 832 CUCV

Interest in North East Ohio Winter... ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
Capriceii
02-06-2011 01:28
Today 18:24
by Danger Ranger
45 913 Upcoming Events

M35a3 wheel o-rings ( 1 2 3 )
AMX
06-20-2011 22:07
Today 18:07
by AMX
29 303 The Deuce

my CUCV M1009 project ( 1 2 3 )
jvrotter
05-16-2011 03:52
Today 17:40
by MAGNUM
23 1,005 CUCV

you can see it doesn't show up in the 1811 time frame..

I just tried the 'new postings' click-link and it only showed 9 messages from the last 10 minutes or so..

sounds like it's just happening for me so will live with it I guess..

Mike

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks