• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tip for fixing vibration

kfrosty

Picked up 2 5 ton's a couple of months ago. My 923 had a violent vibration around 45 mph and then 60 mph. Not a axle hop but more like a dog when trying to wring itself wet. It was about to the point sometimes I thought it was going to shake the windows out of the truck.

I was told it was either bad tires, wheel bearing or something.

I have a 932 that doesn't have the issue and I'm going to put 16's on it so over the weekend we swapped wheels and tires. Doing the swap we noticed there was no really good way to seat the wheels against the hubs so we took extra care to make sure ever wheel hole was centered on ever stud before tightening all the lugs.

The end result I can't believe how good the 923 actually rides now all things considered. Even the wheels and tires we took off the 923 perform nicely on the 932. (It's just a rougher ride inherently from what I'm guessing is the short wheel base.)

The only thing we can guess is when the wheels were put on, they were just put on and the nuts tightened down without making sure all holes were perfectly aligned.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks