• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips and tricks - zippered front knuckle boots

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great advice on how to replace the knuckle boot. I did the passenger side on a M925 over the weekend....1st time doing this. It was difficult for sure, but the advice from others was the key to success, mainly:

Semi tighten the inner clamp to keep the boot in the groove......prior to aligning for hole registration.

I did find I had a wrinkle in the boot, but after loosening, realigning.....didn't make a difference (checked boot to groove also). I used Permatex RTV on the zipper.....made for a tight rubber to rubber bond.

Wrinkle in boot.jpgKnuckle boot permatex seal.jpg

Oops....all pictures inverted......having trouble with Windows 8

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks