• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire chirp?

roveroverme

Banned
I have something i noticed on my M1028a2 and didn't ever had it happen on my M1028a3 : So sometimes when I turn (and not step on the fuel pedal much)
I get this chirp coming from the rear tires. Could that be from the detroit locker? I know my old one didn't do that ever.

R Racing

The lockers have some slop designed in them . Once that slop has been loaded. like in a turn the outer tire rotates more than the inner tire causing any other load such as acelleration to make the inner tire to match speed with the outer.

Last edited:

Drock

In addition to that mine will get at ah wobble when turning at speed. For instance going down the highway at 70+ and there's ah bend in the road, you can feel the locker slop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks