• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title year wrong

ApopkaFL

Banned
Being a newbie, I just found out that the title year is wrong. GL has it as a 1993 and its a 1996. Axles , even the air tanks have 9-20-96 stamped right on them. The fuel tank even has 96 on it. I went by what GL said on the add. I will go to the DMV and see if I can get this corrected.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go by what is on the frame, not parts on the truck. Often they take several trucks and make one out of them. If the frame is from 93, than that's what it is. Of course GL sometimes even gets the model wrong, yet alone the year...so take your pick.

wikallen

I have had GL send me a notarized letter for a change on a title they sent me. Maybe they can do the same for you. But, I would just leave it at 93, you are that much closer to antique status.

AceHigh

Same here. Titled as a '93 but all the major components (except engine) are tagged as Oct 98. I can live with it as the taxes are lower. I figured someday when it is sold I will advertise it as a "'98 model but titled as a '93".

flyxpl

If we are talkiing about A3's I think they called a mojority of the A3's built as 1993 regardless when they were built .

glcaines

If we are talkiing about A3's I think they called a mojority of the A3's built as 1993 regardless when they were built .
You are correct, most A3s are listed as 93 regardless of actual year of manufacture. As Carnac stated above, find out the real year of manufacture. When the SF97 is requested, list the truck with the correct year of manufacture and the SF97 they send you will reflect the correct year. That's what I did. In some states you cannot get an antique tag for a large truck. In other states you don't really save much money if any using an antique tag. It's best to check out the particular states rules. If there is no advantage to an antique tag, I would use the correct year. Having the correct year on the title would make it easier to sell in my opinion, or at least if I was buying the truck I would definitley want the correct year reflected on the title.

Dodge man

I'm pretty familiar with Florida's laws regarding registering vehicles as a former MV or firetruck, horseless carriage, antique, YOM tag, etc. The first three classes are non-starters IMO since you're ONLY allowed to drive your vehicle to and from displays, etc. By law you're not even allowed to drive it to get gas or to have it worked on!

IF your truck is old enough (pre-1977) the YOM tags are the best IMO. They're cheap ($37/year) and there are NO restrictions on what you use your truck for. However you may have problem if it weighs over 6,000 #s (I'm about to find out with mine!)

If your truck isn't old enough for YOM tags or Antique (35 year) or Horseless carriage (60 year IIRC) then you have to register it as a regular truck ($$$$) unless you mind ignoring the 'former MV' class restrictions. If you register as former MV (no year or weight restrictions AFIK) then tags are cheap and you're not required to display the tag.

I agree with Wikallen, use the oldest date you can get and you're that much closer to antique status.

Give me a shout if you have questions.

scranch18121

Looks like your fuel tank was manufactured in September of 96. I'm sure there is a date tag on the turbo, engine, tranny, axles, etc that could all have a different date of manufacture. Get with Carnac with the Vin off the frame and see what he can dig up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks