• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

took a flight in the boss's plane

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many a pilot trained in those wonderful birds. They were the primary trainer here in San Angelo at Goodfellow Air Force Base (Goodbuddy Airplane Patch) back when they had a flying mission. The base no longer has ANY active runways, but continues as the ALL-Service Intell/Cryptologic School AND the Training Center for ALL Land-Based DoD Firefighting.

Not only was the T-34 a reliable, forgiving aircraft, but it was also a maintenance pleasure. Well designed and easily serviced. Much like the JEEP and the DEUCE - Designed for the 18-22 year old kid to fly or maintain.

I'm glad you got to fly in that piece of HISTORY. Did you get any "Stick-Time", or just enjoy the ride?

vtdeucedriver

I prefer my trainers with Wrights...........................now I should not say that too loud as I work for Pratt & Whitney