• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tool Sizes- Sockets and Wrenches

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not seeing how this thread is any different or better than all the others on tools.

Since you have a specific goal in mind, only you can decide what you need/want.

What's the difference? that's the beauty of a forum...... People interacting and conversing with each other instead of saying "go search" when half the threads don't work.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference is, had you continued any one of the other threads, we would not have an addition thread full of useless/opinions.

You yourself said you have a specific goal. That means you alone need to select the tools.

When you, and the next hundred guys post the same threads, the forums become clogged full of useless crap.

This is not a "blog" or chatroom, it is a fourm that is archived and can and should be used as a reference for the future.

Or would have been most likely told or asked why did I bring up a thread so old or never have gotten a response. I wonder sometimes why this isn't a blog when all your ever told is to go search the "forum" then it would take away your thought of "useless crap" and the next hundred guys asking questions.

As far as the archived part, well that pretty much sucks when threads that have links to other threads don't work or pictures don't work either.

Thanks for the warm welcome, your an awesome moderator! I'll go back to my "useless crap" now

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many times we can actually help members use the site to their advantage.

Many times we suggest things because that is how we want the site used.

Many times we just give up on people when they reply like you have.

I'm not the welcoming committee, I'm in site management.

Last edited:

ATPTac

Not to threadjack, but is there any less airflow from the in cab air outlet than the rear gladhand? I keep seeing people saying to use the rear gladhand, and nobody seems to mention the in cab air outlet.

steelandcanvas

Only thing I want to change is taking the glad hands off and running a actually line and quick couple fitting to the rear of the truck and off both sides at the cab.
Go to your local truck stop and buy a gladhand, install a reducer and female quick-disconnect on it. Install male and a quick-disconnect female on a 25' air hose, roll up and store in tool box.

I'd rather not.... I've been dealing with and working on tractor trailers for the last 15 yrs and those glad handles break and leak at the most unopertune times. I'd rather just have a quick couple on the back of the truck. I under stand what you guys are saying it's easy, but I'd rather not lol.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't plan to tow other MVs or military trailers?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you plan to use the air to run tools, you'll need to add an air tank to increase the air capacity.

Many of us do this with a 5-10 gallon portable tank, attached to the glad hand, then we use a 1/2" outlet hose. This combination works OK to run a 1" impact.

It would help with a decent 1/2" gun as well.

The air tanks are small and the pump is fairly low output.

Yeah that's what I read in all the searching I've done, that the 3/4" works great on the deuce air. I plan on adding a 10 gallon tank in the bed tool box with a valve so it won't be filling constantly off the truck till I need it. Only thing I want to change is taking the glad hands off and running a actually line and quick couple fitting to the rear of the truck and off both sides at the cab.
Yep already planned on it

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you plan to use for a bed, after bobbing it?

A service truck body would be awesome.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd rather not.... I've been dealing with and working on tractor trailers for the last 15 yrs and those glad handles break and leak at the most unopertune times. I'd rather just have a quick couple on the back of the truck. I under stand what you guys are saying it's easy, but I'd rather not lol.
So you been working on tractor trailers since you were 12 years old ?( your profile shows you just turned 28 ).

Yes I have.... Started working for my uncle doing truck tires. I worked in tires for 13 years. My grand father drove triaxle dump truck till he died and drive truck in the army. My dad has been a mechanic for 25 years. And I have been a certified welder for the past two and I am a supervisor of welding/fabrication at Reitnouer trailers one of the leading aluminum trailer manufactures in the United States. So you could say my whole life I've been around worked on and driven tractor trailers. I know what I'm doing, I'm not a guy buying a deuce just to have one, I'm buying it for a purpose. I'm not some young kid that doesn't know anything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks