• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans Install

72RatCamaro

So I am getting ready to undertake swapping a transmission in one of the Dueces at work and need a no BS assessment of how long/difficult it is to change. I have worked on cars forever but this is my first 2.5ton truck to need any serious repairs. I was looking thru the manual and having a hard time with it. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew/have tools to do.
Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One of our regular members wrote up this excellent tutorial (thanks Ken):

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/52409-how-transmission-changeout.html

There are other threads out there which cover the swap in depth. More or less 3 choices-the factory tranny hoist, an engine hoist through the passenger door or a pipe/beam laid across the doors or through the windshield going out the back window.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy task but I use a crane and a chain hoist. I must have fifteen feet of hight on the down line and find this helps the swing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks