• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case Adapter Gasket

max1008

I am in need of the transfer case adapter gasket between adapter and transfer case.
Called the dealers and the item is discontinued.
Part # 15642512 should be the proper gasket but is d/c.

Part # 15642510 is the gasket for the th350 truck.

Do you think this gasket is the same? I cant see the backside of the adapter being different shape and holes if they both have a 208 transfer case.

If anyone knows where to get the #12 gasket let me know.

SSG ALBANESE

Max, porky is right. This happened to be except my adapter broke in two lol. I replaced both gaskets as well. Transmission shop is your best bet. If you dont have one close by go to autozone, oriely, napa... any of those and buy a roll of the gasket material (dont buy the cork) and with a little time, effort, an exacto knife and perminate marker you can make your own. Iv done it and also remember to use the copper gasket adhesive (helps a ton).

Before you buy the gasket material check the stores to see if they have the gaskets. Its the same as the civilian one tons with this setup.

max1008

I was thinking of making my own gasket if i cant get one.

oddave- I will try that gasket number. Its weird that it is the same gasket but when i search gm sites that number doesnt come up.

max1008

The ID of that gasket is smaller then the one that came off the truck, but it looks like it will still work just fine. Thanks alot.