• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case woes...

airmech3839

Ok, so I get my day off from work and try and get back out under the truck to pull the t-case out. I finish the drive shaft removal and disconnect the parking brake cable. I rig up 2 4x4's across the cab and hook up the 1 1/2 ton hoist. I drill the 7/16" hole in my angle iron for the hoist. I hook up my chain and get it hooked to the top of the t-case. I go and remove the spare tire and put cable up out of the way. I undo all three case mount bolts. then I drop the driver side support and insure that the hoist has tension on it. Once its down I carefuly manuver the t-case around the brake pack and drop it onto a piece of plywood. heave it out from under truck a little and start checking it out. Started by pulling the flanges... boy them were FUN!! I used two of the flange bolts that were already trashed and put them in the flange and used a big pry bar with a cheater slid over the handle to hold flange steady. I had to use my 1" impact to break nuts loose. Insure you index the flanges after you remove the nut and washer. slid flanges off and then pulled all the covers off, indexing them as I went. and tried to take lots of pics. Found my problem under door number 2!!! Remember that some of these covers have shims under them. I zip tie mine to the cover!!

it looks like my case is shot.aua I will try and get to tearing into the main case soon and put up some more pics

Attachments