• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission leak

MrBouncer

I got a leak that seems to be coming from the top of the transmission. Any ideas what or where it could be from. Thanks in advance for any help.

MrBouncer

Cracked transmission

Found the source of my leak. Cracked tranny. Any suggestions. Oddly enough this led to problem with the brakes. Have had trouble with the front left brake sticking, while working on the truck I set the parking brake now I have a super soft pedal and the light comes. But hey it doesnt seem to be sticking. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP ON EITHER OR BOTH ISSUES IS GREATLY WELCOMED.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep posting in one thread, would help all of us follow and understand what your talking about.

Westech

CPL
well #1. get a repaiar manual. its not worth fixing a cracked 400 case.. just get another one. A good used take out 400 is about $200 bucks or so. brakes.. take a look. check out all lines, rubber and hard. check for leeks everywhere. look at rear brakes. and go to step #1

MrBouncer

I got the tranny and transfer case out. , what are some ideas on what could cause it crack like it did. Also looking some ideas on what to replace since both are out. Maybe something I havent I thought of.

rnd-motorsports

Is the drive shaft bent ? was it bent when you got the truck maybe fork truck damage common problem if the drive shaft is dented or bent and you drive could couse the crack also a bad sprag gear in the trans will crack it in the back half!

MrBouncer

Driveshafts are straight, all mounts tight, bolted tight to engine, the only odd thing before this happened it was shifting into second hard, (not a hard shift as in snatch the truck but it would spin the tires)