• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transport from Ft. Meade and Aberdeen to Chester Co, PA

Ratch

Hi, I'm finally ready to rack up the credit card debt and get my first duece...

I'm considering one from Ft. Meade, Chambersburg, or Mechanicsburg.

If I were to buy one from Ft. Meade, anyone have an idea of what kind of costs I'm looking at to have a professional haul it, and what the typical method is? Lowboy, wrecker, rollback...? Average $2 per mile, $1 per mile, etc?

I'm not well entrenched in the SS community, but if an SS member is skilled and reputable in recovery, I'd be happy to drive down to meet you and pay you a fair rate to move the duece up to my area (northern Chester county, PA). My zip code is 19520.

I'd also be into driving it up. All the recovery threads I've read about that seem pretty good, but I'd still want a professional on standby in case I can't get the beast to move or stop on it's own.

Any recommendations of a professional that has a good reputation among members would be great, also.

Thanks.

krall

I am no professional but I live 5 min's away from chambresburg and only 30 min's away from mechanicsburg, I would
like to see how the proccess goes as well, I have a dully so I wount be of much help but can give you my number in case of
problems and also I have storage around really close if you go to recover your self and find its not drivable, I have a place
only 2 miles away from chambersburg to park and work on it, either way, I am willing

Ratch

Awesome, thanks. If I resort to leaving it with you, I'll compensate you and get it out of your hair quick, but it makes it a little easier to have the option of getting it out within GL's timeframe.

krall

yeah no problems, you don't live to far away so I am sure we could at least limp it to this spot change all the fluids and do all the maintnence you would like to do and then take it for the drive home, and as far as compensation I am looking to do the same thing so the experience is worth it for me thanks.

krall

hey I just baught an M915a1 today so hopefully if you don't get your truck very shortly I might just be able to help you out, just a thought.