• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seat pins

Milbikes

My M1008 has troop seats in the bed, but some of the pins that hold them in the up position are missing. They appear to be stainless steel, with an attached "lanyard" to keep them from getting lost. Is there a source of these out there somewhere? I need five. The hardware store has similar pins in "Zinc steel" which is just plain steel with a flashing of zinc. The hardware store guy said they rust up fairly quick. Thanks for any tips. H.

Brad M

My M1008 has troop seats in the bed, but some of the pins that hold them in the up position are missing. They appear to be stainless steel, with an attached "lanyard" to keep them from getting lost. Is there a source of these out there somewhere? I need five. The hardware store has similar pins in "Zinc steel" which is just plain steel with a flashing of zinc. The hardware store guy said they rust up fairly quick. Thanks for any tips. H.
I took one of mine and used a drill/hole gauge to find the size and headed down to my local hardware store not the big box one but the old fashioned one that has everything under the sun. I looked for the proper size "Detent Pin" and for about $4 each I replaced all the missing ones from my troop seats with an exact length and diameter match. Now all that is left to do is fashion the safety wires to keep from loosing these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks