• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck got hit friday night.

dstang97

UPDATE he is writing me a check for the damages of $455. (per estimate) He apologized again and said the check will be in the mail. Thanks guys to all of you who have left comments. Let this be a lesson to everyone.
1 don't drink and drive
2 Man up to you mistakes

dstang97

No way. I just made a profit of $455. more than reasonable. I had a spare taillight and the truck has tiny scrape in it. Its not like the truck is mint, Its nice but not mint.

ABN173

Two wrongs don't make a wright.

Tell him your gonna fix/paint it yourself, if he pays for the paint, no reports will be filed.

Also mention that if he'd have told you right away, it would never gone any further.

[thumbzup]
That is the reason I posted this. I want to be fair and I believe in karma.
BS. Filing a report is not a "wrong".

? was he drunk? If he admitted he was, I would hammer him for every little bit I could. Drunk Driving is a very bad problem in our country and I feel no simpathy for anyone that gets caught for it.
Friday night, he was probably drunk and didn't want to get caught so he hit your truck and took off. Take it to a shop and get an estimate and then present the bill to him. Take the money and do whatever you want with it.
File a police report. It's not wrong, it's not unfair, it's not because you don't trust him. It's JUST WHAT YOU DO. Always have a record.

Guys,

I did not want to get into this further since Dstang did not want to take my advice, but I had a "event" occur on Sunday and I can not remain silent on this. You should have filed a report! Driving under the influence is most likely what this about. It is not your place to decide one way or another that's what the police are for. You may not have wanted to press any charges, but the police may have decided to (if they decided a DUI was committed). I got it, nobody wants to be a rat.............. But you can be doing all the right things, you could be sitting at a traffic light minding your own business in your Honda Accord waiting for the green light. What if you had your family with you in the back seat just coming home from Church or Lunch?

This fellow turned out in front of me(in a older white F-150), and I had my wife and daughter with me. He was all over the road, I got this feeling like something is going to happen so I told my wife I was going to slow down and get some distance between us. No sooner than I did so, I heard and saw this. Maybe somebody had been nice to this guy too and he caught an easy break. When is enough a enough? You were lucky and it was your empty 25 year old truck. If it was a DUI do you think the the doctor learned his lesson? Decide what you want. :soapbox:

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

That was the point I was trying to make. When it comes to drinking and driving, I have no tollerance. I dont care if your my own blood, if I can't personally take the keys and stop you, I will call the cops and follow you till they catch you. (yes I have done that)

2deuce

We don't know the good doctor's history, but even if he has no record, he undoubtedly is relieved you let him off the hook so easily. Luckily you weren't next to your truck when he came by. I would say the good doctor can be counted on to run again the next time he hits something, it worked so nicely for him this time. $455 is positive reinforcement for his decision.

ABN173

We don't know the good doctor's history, but even if he has no record, he undoubtedly is relieved you let him off the hook so easily. Luckily you weren't next to your truck when he came by. I would say the good doctor can be counted on to run again the next time he hits something, it worked so nicely for him this time. $455 is positive reinforcement for his decision.
Exactly

:deadhorse:
Yeah the guy in the F-150 tried to run too, there were to many witnesses and I yelled out "stop! I have your tag" Somebody else was trying to stop him too so he gave up I guess.

Last edited:

dstang97

Guys,

I did not want to get into this further since Dstang did not want to take my advice, but I had a "event" occur on Sunday and I can not remain silent on this. You should have filed a report! Driving under the influence is most likely what this about. It is not your place to decide one way or another that's what the police are for. You may not have wanted to press any charges, but the police may have decided to (if they decided a DUI was committed). I got it, nobody wants to be a rat.............. But you can be doing all the right things, you could be sitting at a traffic light minding your own business in your Honda Accord waiting for the green light. What if you had your family with you in the back seat just coming home from Church or Lunch?

This fellow turned out in front of me(in a older white F-150), and I had my wife and daughter with me. He was all over the road, I got this feeling like something is going to happen so I told my wife I was going to slow down and get some distance between us. No sooner than I did so, I heard and saw this. Maybe somebody had been nice to this guy too and he caught an easy break. When is enough a enough? You were lucky and it was your empty 25 year old truck. If it was a DUI do you think the the doctor learned his lesson? Decide what you want. :soapbox:
The police know of the incident. I'm not sticking up for the guy but here are the facts. His son is my age and I have known him 20+ years. He is my dads docter, I live in a town where everyone knows everyone. I am not a doctor so I can't say he was def drunk. He said he would take care of things and he will. I'm not a perfect person and did not know what to do about this incident. Next time I wont hesitate to get the pd there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks