• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turboed 923 A1 ?

74M35A2

I'm not out to belittle anybody, ever. I saw a lot of that happening here when I first joined, and it is not good, all the way around, for the site reputation or the persons themselves. It is nice to see that relaxed by about 90% or more now.

It is an effort thing. Simply try first, then ask for help, and we'll do all we can.

infidel got me

Don't let 74m fool you-- his hands are on your shoulders brother. He is related to the vulture, waiting patiently on his perch... then when you least expect it POW-- HIT FROM THE REAR AGAIN....... Dry I might add. Don't let your guard down around this guy-- you have been warned! lololol

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jarhead1086 installed a turbo on his 923 w/250, and reported good results. You can PM him for some good details & info on what he did to his, lots of good info & great work.

74M35A2

I buy you dinner and this? (*takes outer shirt off leaving wife-beater on*) The only time your truck was in front was when we pulled out of the driveway because you were in front of me. Your Cummins 250 couldn't pull a string out of a cat's a$$, even with the Rain Bird intake manifold. Only time your truck will be faster is if you throw that oversized ship anchor bed winch off a cliff with the eyelet hooked to your frame rail.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I buy you dinner and this? (*takes outer shirt off leaving wife-beater on*) The only time your truck was in front was when we pulled out of the driveway because you were in front of me. Your Cummins 250 couldn't pull a string out of a cat's a$$, even with the Rain Bird intake manifold. Only time your truck will be faster is if you throw that oversized ship anchor bed winch off a cliff with the eyelet hooked to your frame rail. Come get some.
Still more clothes than what those waitress' had on. Leave my rain bird out of this. It is functional. Least I think so anyway.

Jericho

Well. Gents, Its not a question of effort. Its a matter of intelligence. I do the leg work, I had reviewed the specs on both, I have the dope. H/P , torque, gear ratios, ect And I can look to many different sources to find "technical Data " or manufactures Hoopla. It was you expertise and experience mixed with humor and veracity that I wanted to elicit. Its the hands on <Yup , done dat , gee wilikers review that was needed, I had heard the swan song from the ardent NHC 250 guys, and listened to the praises of the Cummins troup. SO you see as much as some thought is was a resistence to LOOK IT UP, it really wasn't, I was looking for good opinions, took a little effort but it came thru, Honest open dialoge, wont hold any of you too it, I never look back or assign blame( the old , wish I hadn't listened to that guy) But I take the best each of you have to offer face value and it works . So Its the A2 for me and my (don't tell him about the conversation here) Friend is the proud new owner of a A1, perhaps we will turbo his 5 ton, I don't feel bad, I found them , retrieved them and paid for his until he could Flash some cash my way, all fair! so what do you guys think, I know where this J 57 - 59 PW turbo jet engine is for cheap money , imagine a ---------

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
At my last job one of the trucks I worked on was an older peterbilt with the nhc250 and turbo (altitude kit from Cummins). No piston squirters. Not a 290 or any of the others from the series, a NHC250. Rolled over 1.1 million miles with no major engine work then the customer decided to have it rebuilt. So long as you keep the EGT's down the lack of piston squirters is a non issue for a mild upgrade. Wont reliably make the power of a NTC350 or 400 for long.
So you mean what I was saying is true?

A2 has the 8.3

M925A2 with dump hoist
This thread is about the NHC250.

74M35A2

Well. Gents, Its not a question of effort. Its a matter of intelligence. I do the leg work, I had reviewed the specs on both, I have the dope. H/P , torque, gear ratios, ect And I can look to many different sources to find "technical Data " or manufactures Hoopla. It was you expertise and experience mixed with humor and veracity that I wanted to elicit. Its the hands on <Yup , done dat , gee wilikers review that was needed, I had heard the swan song from the ardent NHC 250 guys, and listened to the praises of the Cummins troup. SO you see as much as some thought is was a resistence to LOOK IT UP, it really wasn't, I was looking for good opinions, took a little effort but it came thru, Honest open dialoge, wont hold any of you too it, I never look back or assign blame( the old , wish I hadn't listened to that guy) But I take the best each of you have to offer face value and it works . So Its the A2 for me and my (don't tell him about the conversation here) Friend is the proud new owner of a A1, perhaps we will turbo his 5 ton, I don't feel bad, I found them , retrieved them and paid for his until he could Flash some cash my way, all fair! so what do you guys think, I know where this J 57 - 59 PW turbo jet engine is for cheap money , imagine a ---------
All you were seeking was in the posts. How much for the turbine (if it is complete and starts/runs)?

red

Yep, keep the EGT down and the lack of piston squirters is of no issue with adding a turbo. Just don't crank it up around 350+HP or those temps will be too high and melt the pistons

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jericho

LOL its in the "rock yard" a friend has ( his private honey hole). I did some work on it about 12 years ago, It was used on a private railway / tourist attraction to remove snow from the tracks, ( until he got his fuel bill) He had seen the Russian decontamination propaganda footage with the Jet Engine mounted on a tank chasis blowing decon agent over vehicals. Ureaka! he thought. May trade some labor for it and hang it in my garage, worked them for many years.

Jericho

Not to beat A DEAD horse, sold the A1 to my friend, he inturn sold in already ( for a profit he did not share with me ) I inturn sold the 923A2 and have since bought a M 932A2 Tractor in excellent condition, two darn cold to work any project here now, but in the spring , 6 foot wide sleeper , or double cab, all parts on hand for both, just haven't made up mind, air ride seats, short drop side style bed up to and around fifth wheel / A/C and new heat Solid steel one piece roof tied into what ever cab I do , extend bumper in front, genset / winch on front, Navigation , radios and nice overhead console additional seating for grand children head ache rack behib=nd cab and steps up to the flat deck Dream on Spring!

Jericho

Just an aside and ill deny I ever said it What a difference driving an M 932 to my M 109 think arm size is down an inch !

snowtrac nome

several things to think about, most important is the block and crank on the nhc 250 used in the a-1's were quite a bit lighter than the turbo 855's, and may also lacking the oil cooled pistons. If you want more hp than just replace the whole na engine with a bc engine with a turbo all ready, that way every thing is engineered to work together and you will get the reliability you expect out of the engine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks