• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal indecatore

REDWOLF

Started the M1009 up this morning and turned the lights on to find the passenger side turn indecator on solid. Turned that signal on and it blinks. Turned it back of and it stays light. Let the truck warm up and put it in gear to back out and it whent off. Stoped to get fuel and shut everything off. Started the truck up again and bam it is back on and stayed on the rest of the way to work. Goes out when i turn the lights out. Any ideas? :-?

Barrman

Have you had the dash out recently? If the big power plug for the dash is just a little loose, when it moves around it will often cause one of the indicator lights to come on. At least that has been my experience putting one back in.

More than likely, it is the bad ground mentioned in the above post.

REDWOLF

No i have not had anything apart from the dash. But i do have other dash problems like intermitant dash lights. Not all of them but some. I checked all the outside bulbs they are all light and blinking when i turn the signals on.

Barrman

It might be time to pull the gauge panel, set it on the kitchen table and trace every single contact to its bulb/gauge. Verify each one works and clean the heck out of the contacts if they don't. Clean the contacts on the big plug as well.

While you have it out, look at the ground wire on the parking brake housing to make sure all the wires are connected and the screw is tight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks