• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated the M1028 the other day

krall

I thought it would be nice to throw these lights on, they are military surplus, bullet lights, they look pretty cool, I didnt' get a pic of in the day time but I will ahve to update later,

I put five total lights up on the top of the roof, 1 on each outside edge and 3 grouped together in the middle.

ill try to grab a picture in the morning of what she actually looks like

Attachments

krall

I will be honest with you, I am so not a mechanic but I was able to do this with a drill, a bit and wire cutters, crimpers this was way easier then I thought,

I figured out where I wanted them, marked the spot the wire needed to go through and drilled through both layers of roof pannels and fed the wire down through each, then I had self tappers and screwed through only the top layer of the roof and secured the bullets to the roof, then from there it was a simple daisy chain of wire criming and I ran a wire from the top of the roof down the door sill and out to the front of the truck and tied into the marker lights from the left front head light.

you seem to be pretty good with vehicles I would call this a simple job for you.

nattieleather

I would assume that he wired them into the marker light circut so that when the marker lights are on, but not the headlights the lights light up. Thus if you have the headlights on the marker lights are also on.

krall

like i said I had the light laying around so it didn't cost me a penny to do this so I figured what the heck I would try and see if I like it but I tell you for as easy as it was I would do it again in a heart beat. I really like how it looks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks