• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

using both alternators with 12v conv?

kapnklug

Just converted my M1009 to 12v (for alot of reasons, don't want to debate pro's and cons). Trying to find a way to still use both alternators; has anyone tried removing the internal voltage regulators and using a single external voltage regulator (like the old-style Mopar regulator on the firewall) to energize the field coils of both alternators together?

REGULATOR

roscoe common equipment site lists how twos on doign the conversion, and on how to hook up a third battery

the link is listed around here somwhere or you can google it

Im going to reinstall the 2nd alt, and run a third battery seperatly, and run all my lights, and radios and accessores from it. can always jump myself!

but I;ll be watchign this to see if you come up with a better idea.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to explain what your trying to accomplish. Still use both alternators to do what?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks