• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veggie Oil Mix

motormayhem

I have a friend who runs his f250 on a mix of filtered vegetable oil, diesel, gas, and a diesel additive. I put a little in my cucv m1009 and it seemed to run fine, although it was a little harder to start. Does anyone else run this? Concerns/Complaints about this setup. The veggie oil is filtered to 5 microns and run through a water separator.

Thanks,
Miles

gt1009

I throw my WMO and what little WVO we make at home into a bucket in the garage and filter it down to 1 micron and run 5-10% in my cucv. It does make it hard to start in winter though. I am not running it anymore till summer as it is close to or below freezing when I leave in the morning now and I need all the ease starting I can get.

motormayhem

I throw my WMO and what little WVO we make at home into a bucket in the garage and filter it down to 1 micron and run 5-10% in my cucv. It does make it hard to start in winter though. I am not running it anymore till summer as it is close to or below freezing when I leave in the morning now and I need all the ease starting I can get.
I believe the mix he used is 10% diesel, 5% gas, and 85% veggie oil. I live in az so it is like 50 when I start in the morning. :)