• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very sorry

FrankUSMC

Last month Garbee posted for me that I knew of several M35s, M211s, and M135s that were to be cut up. I would have been able to get the take off parts very cheap.
I am sorry to say the trucks have been cut up. I did not make it in time.
On January 31st at 6pm a 17 year old girl with no drivers licence took her grandmothers car. She ended up in a 3 car collision. I was the 3rd vehicle. I have already missed several days of work because of the wreak and going to the hospital. These were the days I had planned to use pulling parts. Today I went to my friends place to see two mountains of cut up deuses. The sick part is this girl could care less (this came from there insurance ageant), and has no idea that she has messed up 3 peoples lives.
I sent Garbee some photos to post of the scrap.
One of the few, Frank

Wick246

Sorry to hear about the accident Frank, hope you heal fast. Too bad about the trucks but sometimes that's just the way it goes. Your health is more important.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you feel better soon.

FrankUSMC

Thanks guys. Some of you might have noticed for a new guy on the forum I was posting alot.......because I was home alot..bored. I have another Doctors appointment this morning. The Grandmothers insurance is NOT going to pay, because Grandmother has statements from famiy members (even if a family member was with her in the car at the time!) that she was told not to drive the car, so I am dealing with my insurance company.
Thanks again.
One of the few, Frank

Desert Rat

Frank,

Don't worry about the parts. I have this fifth sense about finding parts in the most unlikely places. So long as you are ok is the most important thing in our world!

carguy455

Hey Frank,

There is NOBODY on this board that doesnt understand ! Things happen beyond our control and its nobody fault [ except maybe the 17 year old bimbo ]. I am sure I speak for EVERYBODY when I say we are all glad YOU are ok , there are plenty of junkyard hounds like myself out here scrounging the world for parts so dont you worry about it ! There will ALWAYS be parts somewhere, there wont always be a "you" out there. Get a court judgement against the 17 year old , even if she has nothing, there ARE laws so someday when she DOES have two nickles to rub together you will still be ENTITLED to what you are owed. My family went through this years ago in a similar situation, got a judgement, never got any money, then 10 years later this person suddenly is driving a new car living in a nice house, contacted a lawyer, and the court, and how about that , they have to give us some money.....! So it might take the rest of your life but by all means get the judgement at least...teach the little "punk" some responsibility !!!!!

If there are any parts YOU are looking for let us know !!

Get better !!! Be happy ! :D

carguy455

May the scrap jerk/profiteer/greedmonger/junkyardwierdo[ and they ALL seem to be wierdos ] get nabbed for a D.E.P. fine, or some other hidden exspense so in the end he makes NOTHING by destroying good green iron before its time....

He probably could have made twice as much selling parts to all of us, but noooooooooo, " Yew punks have a coupla days and then dey get squished, gotta have dat tonnage [ imagine the smell of toothless bad breath and body odor ]"

Ever notice too that there is always a "hurry up hurry up " to it as well ??

I cant count how many times I have got the old " yew gotta buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND or I'm gonna crush it tommorow"

Screw em Frank, glad your OK and you kept your money !

CGarbee

To be honest, the guy who owns the yard (from what Frank told me) is trying to clean up his place since the land next door got sold and is becomming a subdivision (and we all know about folks who buy a place next door to a farm, landfill, airport, etc., and then whine about the neighbors stench, noise, traffic, etc). He was working with Frank, but things happened...

JohnnyReb

Really glad to here you are OK....
but please........no more pictures :cry:
The truck in the last one looks like it is wounded and trying to crawl away!! (I have a vivid imagination :wink: )....

FrankUSMC

That pile of "M35" in two of the photos is just cabs and beds. I will try to get back up there and get a picture of the bigger pile of frames and heavy metal off the M35s.
One of the few, Frank

FrankUSMC

Yes, the wheels were taken off and stacked in piles of 4. The tires are no good from the very few that I looked at. Are the rims different? if I go back this week what should I look for to tell if it is a M34 or a M135 rim?
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks