• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was Runnuning Fine & Then ?

Lawrence of Arabia

New Image.jpgBeen driving my M1009 as a daily driver. Runs 70 to 80MPH with no vibration or anything. Doing 70MPH to day and all of a sudden the transfer case grenaded. I would not be so bumbed had I been mud bogging or actually using the 4 wheel drive. Anyone else loose one like this?

niferous

Wow I've only seen one do that on a tractor one time when it was doing about 25 mph and BAM hit a stump. Just driving down the road is strange. Did any gears fall out?

Yikes! Makes me want to go pull mine and check for abnormal wear. Buddy of mine picked up a civy Blazer where the front hubs had been left engaged full time 'for convenience' that now needs new front u-joints and possibly a transfer case rebuild.

Chief_919

I have seen it a few times. The chain breaks or jumps off the gear, and then bunches up between the gear and the case and somethings gotta give. At 70mph the spinning gear will blow the case out really fast when the chain wedges between it and the gear.

Lawrence of Arabia

Transfer Case

I only crawled under far enough to grab a hold and shake all the parts hanging. I was so impressed at the damage I made the wife get under and check it out. She wants to make wind chimes out of it. Thing the chain did it.