• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water proofing your CUCV. snorkel project started

pgwaldner

I see mention of extending the breather lines from the front and rear ends, but most people forget to extend the one from the top of the transfer case also. To me this one is more important even though it is the hardest to do.

kassim503

I have driven my M1009 through more mud and deep water than going down the road and I need to attest to the importance of the breather extension

The breathers need to be extended, espicially the small transmission breather that I extended using some wiper fluid hose. 3/16" mabye. Out of any breather this is the hardest to lift, but the most important. Also, the dipstick for the transmission should be replaced with a locking one from a 90's chevy, it will lock into the tube, but the indicator is like an inch off in one direction, mark the right level and keep the old dipstick as a refrence. This does a great job sealing the tube from water intrusion

Also, check your engine oil dipstick to see if it needs a new seal. These engines really dont seal well under water & the oil needs to be closely monitored after runs.

Have fun!

dmilkman589

How is the issue with the fan dealt with by all of you who are water sealing your trucks? When you go into any water past the bumper it starts slapping the fan and gets thrown around the entire engine bay, i don't like that idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks