• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water pump pulley

infidel got me

Does anyone know of a source to purchase a 5 groove waterpump pulley? I did google it and came up empty. Flea-bay has pretty chrome ones, but they are only 3 groove. I've heard that you can remove a alternator belt and use that groove. I would rather do it right and use the 5 groove. It is a 6.2 liter. Thanks for any help.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is actually 2 part numbers and nsn's for it. One is a red dot and the other is the military supply version. Confused me (does not take much :) )when I was looking for mine. My thought is to do the pulley at the same time I do the 200 amp conversion and the a/c in the spring.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 5th groove is for adding a/c. Interesting that I "think" they use a double belt clutch on the compressor but only drive it with one belt.

74M35A2

infidel, buy two 3 groove pulleys, cut 2 grooves off of one, and have them TIG welded to the other 3 groove pulley. Just don't pull yourself out from under the car using the floor jack handle.

infidel got me

74M- n....... the last time we went head to head you got my drivers license suspended-------- with that being said and not to say anything to offend your wife or anyone else the truck is not sitting on my chest this time---- m16 luv you as always

Lazboytt

I have a pancake V-belt compressor so I got the newer style mount for the pancake compressor but that does not have any adjustments on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazboytt

I wonder if they make a tensioner for the V-belt or if I would have to pick up one for the other belt and switch to pulley on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk