• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wc21 progress shot

dougimes

progress on the wc21. Cab just about done, starting on cowl sheet metal.

anyone intested in a running list of parts I had to find and sources? Might try to keep post it as a pdf.

Attachments

dougimes

by the by,

I have accumulated some parts that someone might be interested in....
Have a hood, glove box door, slightly bent left windshied lower, cowl vent assly, .......

need some parts- tail light brackets, tailgate, data plates, right brake cylinders, right tail light, ........

tractor

It will fit. All 1/2 tons had the same glove box. TJ send me a pm and check out my photo gallery on here. I have owned 3 41 Dodge ambulances in the past year and am in the process of restoring one and am making parts for them

tjmarco

Chevy V8 ?

My WC 9 will not have a Chevy V8, but a Dodge 318 V8, a 420 four speed from a early 60's Dodge truck and axles and transfer case from a M37. I hope I dont upset to many people whit these mods. It will have combat wheels and Michelin radials. And track-locks on both diffs.

tractor

No, don't swap the motor because you have to cut up the firewall and its pretty hard to replace. I sold a cut up command car to a guy to replace just the firewall on a 9 that had just that done to it.

tjmarco

Wc 9 v8

To late,the motor is out and sold.No way to fit the V8 without cutting the firewall?It can be done on a 42 WC, I thougt they were the same length.

tractor

230 and 215 engines are available and easy to find. I pmed you my email I would like to see which version of the 9 your working with. There was 3 and 1st version less then 900 made 2nd less then 300 and third was the most made. I have owned several 1/2 ton ambulances and can tell you for value stay original

tractor

I know a small block will fit with the motor mounts changed. I know my first 9 one of the 250 had a small block in it without that much change

tjmarco

Wc 9

My 9 was in working condition wen I got it, by that I mean tha it ran. It had no front diff, just the axles, no third member. The rear dif was from a later WC, I put that in the WC 53. The rear axles fit the diff but had some slack. Like I said the motor AND trans AND transfer case are GONE.Sorry!