• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We now have a new batch...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
of moderators. I was not going to say anything before, as I knew there was SO MUCH to do behind the scenes. Now that we are "under new management" can we delete the mis-informed posts? There are some members that want to argue WRONG FACTS. I think this will hurt anyone trying to search for good info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, whattever could you be referrring to? LOL
I think as long as the misinformation is challenged and corrected in the post, it should be alright.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah well, the last thread was 10 pages of bad info. People complain about jabs and jokes in a thread, I think wrong information would be the worst to have in a thread. I have managed to not post or reply to any of the latest threads, but man it sucks for someone that has to read so much for the right answer.

Chevytruck

Yeah well, the last thread was 10 pages of bad info. People complain about jabs and jokes in a thread, I think wrong information would be the worst to have in a thread. I have managed to not post or reply to any of the latest threads, but man it sucks for someone that has to read so much for the right answer.

:ditto:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, I will speak with the %$&@@!s to see what we can do. ( I see a complaint about that comment)

Last edited:

TenTires

Yeah, but bad info is also a "good" thing. Lots of other folks could be thinking along the same lines as "whomever" posted about "whatever" and as long as the correct information gets posted then folks get to see the whole deal.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but bad info is also a "good" thing. Lots of other folks could be thinking along the same lines as "whomever" posted about "whatever" and as long as the correct information gets posted then folks get to see the whole deal.
I tend to agree. There are a mess of assumptions out there and they should be voiced and corrected if needed. I deal with this on a daily basis, "Someone told me that they were told by an old mechanic, that THIS is how it should be done, not how you are doing it!" This comming from a person that most likely doesn't know a valve cover from an oil pan and sits in a seat for 10 hours a day, and has lots of time to think and listen to others who THINK they know what's going on....no offense to anyone intended. It is our job as experienced MV owners to supply good info to the newbies, uninformed or the misinformed.
Sorry, :soapbox:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks