• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What battery are you guys using?

mangus580

One on mine had 65's in it and they were shimmed up with some plywood because the 65's are shorter that 24's, 27's, 31's and others. How did yours fit?
I dont recall for sure in the original trays... Its been 3+ years since I swapped them out to the Arctic boxes... Which they are slightly snug in, but fit fine. They are a little short for them... I suppose 31's would be better, but I had 65's before so thats what I replaced them with.

bryab123

i just bought 2 of the truck and farm batteries from advance auto parts for just less than 100 each and they are like 1100 cranking amps they seem to be doing well and fit very good.

ida34

I use 6tls. When I got my first M1009 it had no batteries and I had two 6tls that were dry. I filled them with acid and put them in. I probably should have saved them for when the deuce batteries go belly up but the were already bought. I took them out and put in some cheap batteries when I sold the first one and put the 6tls in my second M1009. Now I am replacing the floor in the M1009 so the 6tls are sitting in my M151.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks